Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Brrrrrrrrr.......


I've heard a friend call it Octoberrrrrrrrrr. And man! Is she right?! I'm sitting up in bed w/my electric blanket on high and my feet are STILL freezing. I can't sleep when my kitchen is dirty or my feet are cold. ...makes me cranky. It's rare I knit something for myself but I'm shivering and inspired to make some felted slippers.

Okay. I've got to get up. Heather is getting 2 cockatiels today and guess who has to go get 'em? *sigh* I signed-up to be a mom so I'm obligated....I guess. Here's the issue. We've got a cat. A BIG, aggressive cat. I say we get rid of her. Heather wants it all. The birds will be shut inside Miss Thing's room 24/7. But will she remember to close the door every day? I guess I have yet another job before I hit the pavement daily. What we don't do for our kids....laaaaaaawdhammersay.


I'll have to tell you about the rest of our zoo someday soon. In the meantime, let me know what you think about all this.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I hope that Heather enjoys her cockatiels (& you do too). My daughter had a pair when she was in high school & we really enjoyed them. And then one of them laid an egg. So we got a breeding box (it was a crazy idea). Then more eggs and eventually they hatched. Next came the homemade incubator, making baby bird formula and the feedings every 4 hours. They were cute, but never again. Did I mention that both of these birds were supposed to be males? BTW, my vote is to find that cat a new home where she can be the queen of all she surveys. You do know that cats were worshipped as gods by the ancient Egyptians, and cats have never forgotten.

Sonya Kaye said...

oh no! there will be no bird raising here. LOL that sounds like a lot of hard, tedious work.

my vote is for kit kat to pack-up her kitty litter and find another place to lounge. but so far i'm sure she's even noticed Frick & Frack. but then again, she may be trying to play me. i'll keep you posted and thank you for the tremendous feedback. *wink*