Monday, October 8, 2007

Just call me No-eh-tah


I'm a twin. I had twins. We have twins in every generation in our family. Did I mention my twin is a male? Sid & I barely look like brother & sister let alone being twins. While growing-up people would ask if we are identical. HUH? The last time I checked he went to a different bathroom than I did when we were at Red Robin.

Okay. So the Lord blessed us with twins. Obviously, He knew what He was doing and He has quite the sense of humor. BC (before children) I couldn't stand babies nor kids. I found them to be boring, obnoxious and messy. Well. There I was. I found myself 12 weeks pregnant with a couple of snips, snails and puppy dog tails. You could have stuck a fork in me. I was done.

I decided to take control of matters. After Skyler & Tyler were born on September 12, 1990 we took them home to our tiny apartment in Renton. My mom offered to help. Reluctantly, I accepted her offer for a week. I sent her packing after realizing "I got diss". Let me cut to the chase. I called her back within 4 days and begged for mercy. The boys spent half their baby/toddler lives over the river and through the woods.


I still don't have things under control. I've discovered I never will. I knew this to be true after I told one of the boys (when he was 3) he could play outdoors in his bathing suit without a Pull-up. He promised me he'd come inside to go potty should the urge strike. Sure enough. Only 10 minutes had passed when he came back inside and exclaimed, "Mommy! Someone pooped in my bathing suit!" Oh good grief. I asked him if he had any suspects. *rolling eyes"


*sigh* Life is good and the boys no longer have to wear Pull-ups. And if I had to do it all over again I would....twice.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I can still see them when they were three. As long as I live, I will remember Skylar asking me, "May I chase your cat for fun?" That's the funniest thing any child ever said to me.

I miss your kids. You really should bring them by once in awhile. :)