Tuesday, October 2, 2007

This is personal.



Ya know...there are few things in life that can take me on a natural high. One of those things is simply existing, surviving and living exactly where I know the Lord wants me to be. There have been several places & spaces I've visited in this journey called life. Most have been life-changing. Opening Yorkshire Yarns is one of them.

When I officially opened the doors on the 8th of May this year I virtually knew no one in the area. Yarn lovers, like me, have come out of the woodwork. Needless to say, I've made several friends and a few enemies along the way. Oh well. Ya can't love 'em all. *wink*

This post is simply to say thank you to Christ Jesus for ALL the people He's placed in my path. I'm learning a ton from the good...the VERY good, the bad and most definitely, the U-G-L-Y. Also, I want to thank those who've supported me & the shop to become so successful in such a short amount of time. People have told me it's been their mission to make sure YY will be around for years to come. I believe them. Folks have stepped-up in a big way.

I'll keep talking and letting you know wazzup w/me and Yorkie Yarns. And I'll ask you to continue telling me what you'd like to see in your LYS. I'll do the best I can to accommodate. :-)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey, I still need to make a visit. I totally lost track of time & space.

Life is truly a roller-coaster ride.

I learned how to crochet and for a short time to knit. I really enjoyed it. Now, I feel that I miss it.

I'm going to have to get started again, I reckon.

Have a blessed week Sonya!

Kimberly

Sonya Kaye said...

Girl! Come see me!

Shannon said...

Sonya, I've never seen anyone so totally suited to what they're doing. You've created something pretty spectacular down at that shop. But I knew you would!

I am just loving watching what the Lord is doing in and through you. I only wish He'd squish Washington a bit so there wasn't so much ground between Marysville and Lakewood.