Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Children aren't supposed to die before their parents.


Or so that's what we're lead to believe. Unfortunately, that's what happened a couple weeks ago with one of my very good friends. Holly's 21 year old daughter was killed in a car accident and was gone in an instant.


As Christians we believe our love ones go right into the hands of the Father after leaving this life. That understanding is what is helping Holly cope.


I attended the celebration service and was floored and awed by this mothers calming peace. Holly has accepted the harsh reality that yes, sometimes our children do die before we do. And in Holly's words, "It is well."


I'll miss Kela but I'm glad to still have her mother in my life as a wonderful example of a Christian mother who can endure the pain with the help & love of Christ.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm praying for Holly. This life can be so hard.