Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In honor of the 4 fallen officers in Lakewood

Yep. The recent murders of 4 brave police officers hits way too close to home.
You see, I know what’s it’s like to lose someone so suddenly & tragically to a violent crime.
I know what it’s like to grieve as a child.
I know what it’s like to be hit in the face with the horrible reality and finality of the sudden death of a loved one.
My older brother was killed by a single gunshot wound to the heart in 1969 when I was only 9 years old.
I got up Sunday morning with the idea of doing some knitting some and a lot of cleaning.
When I turned on the TV I was stunned to hear the news of the senseless slaying of 4 Lakewood police officers.

My heart aches for the families and especially for the children left behind.
Yes.
This is very close to home.
But given my painful past experience I know I can share with you some of the many ways the families (especially the children) need prayer.
Pray that the Lord Jesus will give the families peace that surpasses ALL understanding.
Pray the children will have someone there to listen.
Pray for healing tears.
Pray for the transition of the parents who now have to take on both roles of mom & dad.
And finally, pray the children do NOT live in fear and anger for the rest of their lives.
If you have the time please visit the memorial in front of the Lakewood Police Department. And let the folks in blue know you appreciate their service.

God bless you & yours.

No comments: